Many of us are extremely hopeful individuals, at least at first. When we set out to do anything, our hope usually exceeds our doubt by a ratio of at least 1 million to one.
As the pursuit of our dreams progress and we actually see that it is a bit more challenging than our fantasy made it seem, that ratio quickly begins to fall from the heavens and levels out to a more realistic ratio of 1 to 10 (hope to doubt).
Sadly, this happens to many of us throughout life.
Here are the 5 simple ways we turn our hopeful dreams, into cobweb filled fantasies.
1. Failing to listen to others for what their message is, then discarding the nonsense.
– Too many times we hate, or do not listen to “negative” messages because we think they will taint the image of our dream. This is true, but running or ignoring people allows those messages to develop into doubt.
Usually family and friends cannot understand a dream the way you do, so listening to their comments will at least clear the air. This allows them to start thinking for you.
2. Thinking about the finances.
– Times get rough and makes many of us either rush the process, or develop doubts about the path that we are taking to our dreams.
3. Proper Planning.
– Few of us plan our dreams properly, so mistakes/mis-steps are common. These will usually prove to the nay-sayers that we ignored initially that they were ‘right”, and eventually, we will begin to believe them and stop believing in ourselves.
4. One track-mindedness.
– Many of us stick to one idea and prepare to buckle down no matter what happens. This mindset is very useful, yet by allowing thoroughly combed information to enter the picture permits clearer solutions to flow.
– Most of us think doubting the vision means it will fail.
Entertain the doubts to see if they truly hold weight, it may just be a chance to address minor worries. Ignoring doubt will only keep your mind on it.